Friday, March 4, 2011

Because I actually can- FIRST POST WITH CREATION!!!

So it's the first night of my Spring Break, and my moms is here visiting, so I'm not on the beaches in Florida forgetting who I am and hooking up with locals. We went to Goodwill earlier and she insisted I buy some regular dinner sized plates. Recalling that I'd recently purchased Mod Podge with every intention of thinking of something to do with it, I went ahead and bought two...and a bunch of little salad plates.
Not having big enough chunks of time to sew right now (I can't just do an hour at a time- I gotta see results, baby!) I decided to go ahead and decorate my plates tonight so I could entertain myself somehow until we go to the beach tomorrow.
I decided to use my school's newspaper, The Old Gold& Black, since my other options were a bridal magazine that I just bought the other day (don't get excited; I want to be a wedding planner- gotta keep up with the trends), or my books for classes.
Long thought process short, here are my plates! Sorry there aren't any pictures of the process, but I am terribly camera- less so I had to use the camera on my phone.
So phone cameratastic!!! There's still a layer drying in this pictures, but I'm about to go to bed and reaaallllyyyy wanted to share first! :D

I cant wait for the days off that come with Spring Break to do more crafty stuff!! Yay!
- Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment